Last updated: June 3, 2020
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Madskil Gaming Ltd. (“us“, “we” or “Company“) respects the privacy of its users (each, a “User” or “you“) and are committed to protect the privacy of Users who access, download, install, register, use or engage with our website and/or mobile application, and any other service we provide through these (collectively, the “Services“).
- GROUNDS FOR DATA COLLECTION
- WHAT TYPE OF DATA WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE THE DATA WE COLLECT?
- TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- USER RIGHTS
- TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA
- OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
- HOW TO CONTACT US?
- UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
GROUNDS FOR DATA COLLECTION
Processing of your “Personal Data” (meaning any information which may potentially allow your identification with reasonable means) is necessary for the provision of our Services, the performance of our contractual obligations towards you, to protect our legitimate interests and for compliance with legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
WHAT TYPE OF DATA WE COLLECT?
In the course of using the Service, we may collect certain Personal Data to provide and improve the Service, to contact or identify you, to enable you to access certain parts of the Service or as otherwise indicated in this Policy. We collect the following Personal Data about you
- When you register and use the Services – you will be required to register to the Services using your contact details, such as your name and phone number. The scope of details may vary according to your role on our Service:
- When using our Service – our webserver will automatically collect your IP address, and other unique online identifiers. These details are pseudonimyzed (cannot directly identify you) and are collected for the purpose of operating and improving our Service.
Furthermore, In order to use the full functionality of our Services, we may also collect your location and your Twitch follower list, your game activity and game telemetry (such as your progression, levels, game stats).
- When you send us an email – we will collect any information, including Personal Data that you choose to include in your inquiry to us.
We also collect data about the use of our Service and the characteristics and activities of users, in order to operate it and improve it. We may collect the following non-Personal Data:
- Technical information – when you use our Services we may collect such data as your operating system, device type, session start/stop time, time zone, network connection type (e.g., Wi-Fi, cellular), your general location (city and country) and general information regarding your online behavior.
If we combine Personal Data with non-Personal Data, the combined data will be treated as Personal Data.
HOW DO WE USE THE DATA WE COLLECT?
- Provision of the Service – we will use the Personal Data you provide us for the provision and improvement of our Service, providing customer support and to respond to your queries.
- Service announcements – we will use your Personal Data to communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates to our Service and offer you service offers.
- We may use your Personal Data in the following ways: we may send you promotional material concerning our Service, or our partners’ services, which we believe might interest you; we may also display certain adverts on our Service, which we believe will be relevant for you. We make our best efforts to make sure you see only relevant ads and receive relevant communications from us, including but not limited to, by building an automated profile based on your Personal Data.
- You may choose not to receive our promotional or marketing emails (all or any part thereof) by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the emails that you receive from us. Please note that even if you unsubscribe, we may continue to send you service-related updates and notifications, or reply to your queries and feedback you provide us.
- If you do not want us to share your Personal Data for marketing purposes, you may opt-out in accordance with this “Opt-out” section. Please note that even if you opt-out, we may still use and share your Personal Data with third parties for non-marketing purposes (for example to fulfill your requests and orders, communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, etc.). In such cases, the companies with whom we share your Personal Data are authorized to use your Personal Data only as necessary to provide these non-marketing services.
- Analytics, surveys and research – from time to time, we may conduct surveys or test features, and analyze the data we have to develop, evaluate and improve these features, all in order to improve our Services and offerings (including to our business partners), and think of new and exciting features for our users.
- Protecting our interests – we may use your Personal Data when we believe it’s necessary in order to take precautions against liabilities, investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, investigate and protect ourselves from fraud, protect the security or integrity of our services and protect the rights and property of the Company, its users and/or partners.
- Enforcing of policies – we may use your Personal Data in order to enforce our policies, including but not limited to our Terms.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements – we may use your Personal Data to investigate violations, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
When you visit or access our Services we use (and authorize 3rd parties to use) pixels, cookies, events and other technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies“). Those allow us to automatically collect information about you, your device and your online behavior, in order to enhance your navigation in our Services, improve our Services’ performance, perform analytics and customize your experience. In addition, we may merge data we have with data collected through these tracking technologies and data we may obtain from other sources and, as a result, such data may become Personal Data.
Types of Tracking Technologies
There are five main types of Tracking Technologies: Strictly necessary Tracking Technologies – These Tracking Technologies are essential to enable you to login, navigate around and use the features of our Services, or to provide a service requested by you (such as your username). We do not need to obtain your consent in order to use these Tracking Technologies. These Tracking Technologies can be used for security and integrity reasons – for example to detect violation of our policies and for support or security features. Functionality Tracking Technologies – These Tracking Technologies allow our Services to remember choices you make (such as your language) and provide enhanced and personalized features. For example, these Tracking Technologies are used for authentication (to remember when you are logged-in) and support other features of our Services. Performance Tracking Technologies – These Tracking Technologies collect information about your online activity (for example the duration of your visit on our Services), including behavioral data and content engagement metrics. These Tracking Technologies are used for analytics, research and to perform statistics (based on aggregated information). Marketing or Advertising Tracking Technologies – These Tracking Technologies are used to deliver tailored offers and advertisements to you, based on your derived interests, as well as to perform email marketing campaigns. They can also be used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by our advertisers (for example advertising networks) and provide them insights about the people who see and interact with their ads, visit their websites or use their app. Social media Tracking Technologies – These Tracking Technologies include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” or “Share” buttons, or third party log-in services. These features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Services. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing these features.
How to Manage Your Tracking Technologies Settings
There are various ways in which you can manage and control your Tracking Technologies settings. Please remember that, by deleting or blocking Tracking Technologies, some of the features of the Services may not work properly or as effectively.
Turning off cookies via your web browser
Most web browsers will provide you with some general information about cookies, enable you to see what cookies are stored on your device, allow you to delete them all or on an individual basis, and enable you to block or allow cookies for all websites or individually selected websites. You can also normally turn off third party cookies separately. Please note that the settings offered by a browser or device often only apply to that particular browser or device. Information about cookies is usually found in the “Help” section of the web browser. Below are some links to some commonly used web browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
Turning off third party cookies
You can turn off certain third party targeting/advertising cookies by visiting the following link: Network Advertising Initiative.
Other helpful resources
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EU)
- Internet Advertising Bureau (US)
- Internet Advertising Bureau (EU)
Turning off cookies on a mobile device
You can-opt out of certain types of interest-based advertising, by accessing the “settings” on your device:
- If you’re using an Apple device you can configure your device to limit ad tracking to by clicking on “settings” > “privacy” > “advertising” and toggling “limit ad tracking” to ‘on.’
- If you’re using an Android device you can opt out of most app-based tracking for advertising by opening the “Google Settings” app on your device, selecting “Ads”, and then selecting the option to opt-out of interest-based ads.
Please note that the above information may change when manufacturers update their systems. Also note, that your device may use another platform, not described above. In that case, please consult the manufacturer documentation for further instructions.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Internal concerned parties – we share your information with companies in our group, as well as our employees, in order to provide you with our services.
- Business partners – we share your information with business partners such as storage and analytics providers who help us provide you with our Services. These providers may have access to your Personal Data so that they may perform these tasks on our behalf, but they are obligated to comply with the highest security standards and applicable data protection legislation, and may not use your Personal Data for any other purpose.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement entities – we cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any data about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect our or a third party’s property and rights, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable. We also may be required to disclose an individual’s Personal Data in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your Personal Data. Your data is stored on secure servers and isn’t publicly available. We limit access of your information only to those employees or partners on a “need to know” basis, in order to enable the carrying out of the agreement between us.
While we seek to protect your information to ensure that it is kept confidential, we cannot absolutely guarantee its security. You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet. While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of your Personal Data or other content you transmit using the Service, and you do so at your own risk.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide our Service, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing Personal Data, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code (Section 1798.83) permits users of the Services who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by e-mailing a request to Guy@madskil.com
EU User Rights
As an EU resident, you may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Data, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of Personal Data you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your Personal Data that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data.
- Object to the processing of Personal Data by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your Personal Data by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Please note that these rights pertain to EU residents only, are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
Users Outside the EU – Some of the aforementioned rights are applicable in certain jurisdictions outside the EU as well. Users residing outside the EU are welcome to contact us for any questions or requests at the details below.
TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE THE EEA
If you reside in the European Union (“EU“), please note that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In such cases we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of data protection, or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Site and Services are not designed for or directed at children under the age of 18 years old (“Minors”). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from Minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Data, he or she should contact us using the details provided above.
HOW TO CONTACT US?
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, or receive more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) using the details below:
Mailing address: Madskil Gaming, 111 Arlozerov st. Tel Aviv, Israel
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY